Supra Cat 8 Ethernet cable

HI All

I recently purchased a Supra Cat 8 ethernet cable to replace the stock cable to my bluesound node 2i after hearing rave reviews of the Supras.  However, the Supra sounded rather bright and clinical in my system. Plus side it has a lot of details,  sounds very clear and bass prodution was pretty good but just sounded very forward and bright over my stock ethernet cable.   Am using Klipsch 6000 f speakers,  an XTZ power amp and a Freya + preamp.

I have not run in the Supra fully yet, about 7 hours. Will it get better over time? Has anyone who has used Supra to your node 2i felt the same. Or do you have a different opinion? Appreciate your views. 

ram18

The Supra cable (which I also use between my router and Node) is more than likely providing more detail ( brightness) than your other components can handle.  More detail with a midfi system is not always a good thing.

@calvinandhobbes Tks for sharing.

@marco1 Yes I feel the same. Gonna try Blue Jeans cat 6 next. And if it doesnt work, go back to stock which was quite good for starters.

I have a two story house, with my router in my office, next to my dedicated music room. The house is wired with CAT 5e ethernet cable.  My MSB Discrete DAC and music server are connected to the network. For the music to get to my DAC, it must go down to the modem and main switch for the house and then back up again to my DAC . . . I figure at least 200 feet of CAT 5e.  I had the brilliant thought that if I ran a Supra CAT 8 directly from my router to the DAC (about 40 ft.), it would not only be a much higher quality cable than the generic CAT 5e, but since it would be a run of about 40 ft directly from the router versus 200 ft of CAT 5e and through a switch, it would be a new day of listening pleasure. Imagine the new freedom from EMR and other sources of noise! Nope.  I couldn't hear any difference at all.  Maybe my hearing is not as good as it once was, but no improvement in soundstage, bass, treble, imaging, etc. Now maybe the Supra needs to be run for a period of time before magic starts, but it still makes zero sense to me that an ethernet cable changes with "break-in."  The other factor at play is that I have a GigaFoil  v4 box between the wall and the DAC.  Maybe that is cleaning things up so that the Supra and the short straight run to the DAC have less effect?  I will see after 100 hours of running some packets through it if anything changes, but right now my lofty expectations have not borne fruit.

Post removed