Warming up equipment

Just looking for a little guidance. I am the proud owner of a dream come true, a Pass X250.8. (The bank is sharing this dream too)  I was told by the seller, Reno Hi-Fi,Mark, that the proper sequence of operation, is the following:  Upon turning your system on, the AMP should be last to be activated, and the first to be turned off.  

My question is: Is it OK,  just to turn the AMP on for a couple of hours, and nothing else prior to listening, and then activating  pre amp, Dac, CD transport, etc when actually ready to start listening?  Or better to start everything in proper sequence 2 hrs earlier, and just leave on until ready. Thanks        Robert TN   Afraid of any surge possibilities!!!!

robshaw

If I am going to listen to my Pass, I turn it on by itself in the morning.
Then, later, I turn it off briefly, turn on preamp (DAC and streamer are always on), then turn Pass back on.
Then play brown noise about an hour and sit down to listen.

I leave my system turned on 24/7 unless I am going away for awhile. Yes I agree with the recent posts. SS equipment usually requires no warmup time as far as stability is concern but do require time to open up. Tubes may take much longer for stability. Also keep in mind the operating class of the amp. I feel that leaving the system left on all the time can help extend the use then turning on and off, whether this is true or not.

To answer you question, components first and amp last. When turning off it is the opposite.

Mark Reno HiFi is right. I generally turn on my system in sequence from the upstream to downstream: streamer, DAC, preamp, and amp, and then the reverse order to turn off: amp, premap, DAC, streamer.  I let the sytem play at the lowest volume to warm up the entire system.

Thank you all for your input. That's why this forum is so great. As a novice, that just likes to listen to GOOD music, I depend on everyone for guidance, and have never felt belittled for asking. Thanks,   Robert TN