Please help with setting up a streaming system

Hi guys and gals,

I would like to start streaming some high res and cd quality music. I am very computer illiterate so please take it easy on me. I would like to set something up fairly easy to use and not spend more than 2k. I currently have an older PS Audio PWD 2  with just the bridge card and the PWT memory player going to PrimaLuna mono blocks and pre amp. I would like to use my dac if it is still a viable solution because I really like the sound when the recording is decent. Can someone please offer some direction and experience with where to start?

Thanks in advance for any advice and suggestions!

justinm

@krelldreams Bluetooth sucks and completely undermined your Qobuz experience.  Just get a decent Wi-Fi extender from TP-Link, etc. and run a short Ethernet or CAT7 cable from it to your streamer, do another Qobuz trial, and you’ll really hear what streaming can do.  

@soix : I believe that! I didn’t realize it was such a big deal until I tried the Radio Paradise. I was like.. what the hell! I’m definitely going to try Qobuz again. I’ll get used to the OS. If the sound quality is good, I’ll make it work. Lol. I’m willing to get a better streamer and DAC, but I want to optimize what I have first. My LPs sound A LOT better, but I want to give streaming a chance, because it really opens up a whole world of music discovery! 

I want to give streaming a chance, because it really opens up a whole world of music discovery!

@krelldreams +1000!!! Hi-quality music discovery has been the biggest innovation in audio in the last 100 years IMHO. I rarely play my own music anymore. First, most of it is available on Qobuz anyway, and some of it in hi-res that I don’t have, and second why would you wanna play the same stuff over and over when there are literally thousands of new and exciting songs to be heard? Definitely invest in at least a decent streamer and DAC that melds with your sonic tastes, because just like with vinyl and as I’m sure you well know, EVERYTHING MATTERS, and matters a lot especially with streaming. Go for it! If you’re at all like me, who was also a relatively late adopter of streaming, my ONLY regret was not getting into streaming sooner. It’s, literally, a whole new world and has re-awakened my audiophile spirit.  I’ve never enjoyed listening to music more.  It’s like being a kid in a candy shop all over again.