Focal Sopra 2’s vs. Legacy Focus SE’s

I recently decided to upgrade my speakers. I don’t want to go into the usual “front end bragging” about my other equipment lol. It’s good and could be better …. Leave it at that.

I recently listened to Legacy Signature SE and Focus SE. Thw Focus blew me away. The signatures didn’t cut it bottom end and all around. 
I have never heard the Focus Sopra 2.  It’s a tough companion because the Focus have (2) 12’s that are incredible at both low and high volume levels. Has anyone heard both of these??

bobbyloans

Well gents… I think the verdict may be in. I’ll explain quickly. I went with a friend to listen to the SE’s and we were both very impressed. He currently has high end PBN speakers which are out of this world and not a fair comparison to the Legacy Focus speakers so we knew that going in. He was impressed with all aspects of these speakers from the deep right fast lows to the accurate mid bass and true to voice mids and air tweeters. There was nothing to pick apart. As mentioned somewhere in this post were a pair of PBN EPS-2s which I’m considering.  We both agreed the Legacy Focus may have them beat. 
I recently saw a very good price onVienna Accoustics 
Beethoven Concert Grand Reference. They have 4 7” woofers and mid and soft dome tweeter. I doubt I can audition them. Anyone hear these specific Viennas?

I can’t imagine they could stand up to the (2) 12”s mids and air tweeters the Legacy’s offer …..

If you have no way to audition them, I would recommend going the safe route.  Like I did with my Focus SEs and I have zero regrets.

Hmm, very surprised. My room is a bit bigger and have owned the Signatures for 5 years or so, and have measured these to go down to 22HZ in my room. In fact I didn't go for the Focus because they'd overwhelm my room.  

Hi

i ended up going with PBN Audio M1!5

PBN you ask? Well I have to say Peter is the owner and manufacturer with an incredibly talented in many ways.  He should be considered for any audio needs.  
I do not get paid to praise PBN but once you experience his speaker line you’ll be hooked.  I have (2) lower line pair that are still incredible sounding