Rell or JL subwoofer?

I have 4 classe 25 amps biamping 4000 watts to a set of Bowers 802D3, I currently have 2 12 inch svs pro 1000 sealed subs, 500 watts each and a 15 inch klipsch like 800 watts, do to space I need to get rid of the 15 inch klipsch, so I’m upgrading my 12 inch svs , I use my system for 50% music and 50% movies and I do prefer smooth movie bass that the svs subs give out,  everyone says Rell is for music, and to get JL audio, but my dealer that sells Rell said Rell is definitely the way to go for movies and music that Jl is not . I have learned to trust him, very kewl guy, so his opinion got me confused cause everyone else said Rel is only for music and JL is actually hybrid for both music and movies. I’m looking at JL audio fathom 112 or fathom 113 vs Rel s812 or Rel carbon series, which do you guys recommend? I leave it up to you guys!!thanks so much 

128x128mariobeniteziv

I have a stereo pair of Rel 212's that I have been very happy with for a combination music/theatre setup that I ran with 802's.  I chose the 212's because I have a fairly large volume room and in my experience they are the best option overall for a combo setup.  Partly because of how I have them setup, I would say they are really good for 2 channel and good for movies.  If you are looking for a combo with smooth, tight bass I would seriously consider this model.  I recently changed to Focal Scala's and wound up adding a JL 113 V2 just for LFE.  In playing with the JL on setup I would say it is the standard for home theatre but I was not as happy with it in 2 channel vs the Rel's. 

Good luck...

I run a pair of REL T7/x for music.  Very pleased with them.

For HT, save yourself a bunch of money.  I'm surprised by an inexpensive Acoustech PL-200 II in my HT setup.

Rythmik and RSL Speedwoofers are some other lower-priced brands.  RSL are always sold out so that says something...

Wow, thanks for all the responses,  my cousin has a car audio shop and has conections with dealers to get stuff at cost,  basically it’s gonna cone down to what brand my cousins friend deals with, gonna be the Rel carbon series, the svs 4000 or the JL fathom f113

Just my 2cts. Have 2 very nice systems. In the lesser (both 2 channel music only) I'm using an SVS SB 3000, RCA hook ups and in the larger, better system an SVS SB 4000 balanced hook up (nice feature that the 3000 doesn't offer). Had them both for a couple of years. So far GREAT. The blue tooth sub adjustments from your listening position is to die for, once they've found their resting spots. Very Happy  Robert TN

The only Sub to buy is REL.  Their high level connection allows them to play like woofers.  They need to be set up correctly to achieve this.  I purchased 2 REL SHO subwoofers and they were a game changer.