Where is the Multichannel Music at?

Hey everyone, so what multichannel music have you enjoyed lately and how did you get it? Stream? Bluray?

Netflix?

erik_squires

Five dollars & free shipping what a steal, literally! Picked up my copy back in 2007 if memory serves me correctly, and most certainly I’ve upset a number of neighbors in past years with her, ha. Truly a lights out mix / recording. 

“took some screenshots and will post later today.” sounds great. 

Peace 

@kota1 @dabel So which surround sound recordings are the ones to use as a reference I keep using Diana Krall In Paris and Chris Botti in Boston for years and they were recorded by the same guy?

@donavabdear

Both Tidal and Apple Music have music in Atmos. I would recommend jazz piano (Oscar Peterson in Atmos, Bob James in Atmos, Bill CharlapMonk, etc). You happen to have a live piano to compare to. I like to use acoustic piano solo or trios to fine tune the calibration of my settings after running audyssey. Then to test dynamics I really like Big Band and Gordon Goodwin’s Big Phat Band did a nice Atmos mix on the Gordian Knot.

Here is a channel that I think would be perfect for you.

If you get solo piano/trios right and have dynamics like a big band is in your listening room live you can enjoy pretty much anything.

@donavabdear,

A few from my modest collection and off the top of my head that come to mind are, Chicago / Earth Wind & Fire (Live at the Greek Theatre), The Police Certifiable (Live in Buenos Aires), and Elton 60 (Live at Madison Square Garden).

I have about 50-60 Blu-ray concerts. In addition to the 3 excellent concerts mentioned above, David Gilmour Live in Pompeii, Pink Floyd Delicate Sound, Keane Live, and the Pretenders Loose in LA are also very good.  Actually there are too many concerts to mention that are excellent.