Rell or JL subwoofer?

I have 4 classe 25 amps biamping 4000 watts to a set of Bowers 802D3, I currently have 2 12 inch svs pro 1000 sealed subs, 500 watts each and a 15 inch klipsch like 800 watts, do to space I need to get rid of the 15 inch klipsch, so I’m upgrading my 12 inch svs , I use my system for 50% music and 50% movies and I do prefer smooth movie bass that the svs subs give out,  everyone says Rell is for music, and to get JL audio, but my dealer that sells Rell said Rell is definitely the way to go for movies and music that Jl is not . I have learned to trust him, very kewl guy, so his opinion got me confused cause everyone else said Rel is only for music and JL is actually hybrid for both music and movies. I’m looking at JL audio fathom 112 or fathom 113 vs Rel s812 or Rel carbon series, which do you guys recommend? I leave it up to you guys!!thanks so much 

128x128mariobeniteziv

There is a caution in the manual for mono amps and Class D.    Differential amps must float ground.    Its been in their manuals for years.   

"Differential amps must float ground." That statement isn't true. I floated the ground when  I had a JR 625 S2 with REL subs. I talked directly to Mr. Rowland and he said, I could ground the sub to the chassis or send it to him and he would add a ground screw. My REL No. 32s are grounded to my JR 735 mono-amps chassis. I have zero problems. 

So I got this in a private message which should have been posted here:

"My view is that the JL Audio subs are, in large part, superior because of the built in room correction. Is that worth the huge prices? Not sure." Audio is subjective, but based on my experience I strongly disagree with your statement.

@ricred1

Well Ric, feel free to elaborate.

I sent a PM, because I don’t feel like engaging in the silliness that often happens on Audiogon. Again, based on my experience of owning both JL Audio and REL subwoofers, I don’t agree with your statement that, "JL subs are, in large part, superior because of the build in room correction." At lease I didn’t come to that conclusion and that’s why I currently own REL subwoofers. As with most things in this hobby, what subwoofer you prefer is based on the room, system, and individual preference.

@mike_in_nc Do you know if the integration software in the newer SB2000 Pro is more advanced than that in the SB3000?  If so was thinking it might also be good for the OP to consider as it still gets down to 19Hz (-3dB) and is $400 cheaper.