845 or 300b with Agalme?

Hello, I have Horning Agalme speakers, I think the other horning speakers would be similar but just smaller. and I’m looking to hear who has heard them with 845 and 300b type amps.

my room is 28 x 18 dedicated music room

Everything I have read is having me lean toward the Thoress 845 mono’s

I would appreciate any info.

Thanks, Scott

52tiger

@52tiger 

In my opinion the 211 tube is an excellent option. As has been said many times, the key factor is quality of amplifier built /parts and implementation. 211/845/300b/ 6c33c/GM 70/2A3 etc.  Any one of these can provide fabulous sonic results if approached correctly. Numerous good paths to follow with an easy to drive speaker of this caliber.

Charles 

@52tiger I went ahead and got the Thoress 845’s, it was a good choice

Very nice!!!

You had numerous good amplifier options. I believe that you will be thrilled with the Horning Agalme and Thoress 845 SET pairing.There will be no looking back in my opinion. I eagerly await your listening impressions and congratulations!

Charles

Charles,  my first impressions are they look way better in person, and they are way bigger than they look.

Sonically, best I’ve owned. Really can hear the emotion in the music.

it’s a little embarrassing but actually teared up a couple times.

still dialing them in and the Herron   is very neutral so really shows whether the recording is good not. Not forgiving but lots of detail.