Totem Model 1 vs Totem Arro

These two Totem speaker models had more or less the same price, and it was natural to choose between the two when one was interested in the Canadian brand.
The Arro is still currently on Totems catalog but the Model 1 is only available on the Signature version, much more expensive.
I have the Arro (love’em) and I wonder if the Model 1 is superior, specially in the bass quality?

Does anyone have any experience in comparing these two models?

[​IMG]

audiofilo123

Hey @DZ13, have you found anything more about the Totem Bison line? I’ve seen the announcement from Totem authorized resellers too, yet there is nothing (still) on Totem’s website. What gives? Anyone know? I switched from Totem Sky monitors for the sole reason of esthetics. Now the replacements in white oak are what I want. Switched from the Sky’s to Harbeth P3 in Olive wood and they look perfect. My problem is they are only about 5” from back wall. I know the P3’s need more air around them to really show off their natural sound. Just can’t happen in my space. Totems can be placed close to a wall (according to mfgs info) and I did enjoy their sound. Now the Harbeth are wonderful little speakers. They’ve really grown on me. But I keep thinking back to the Totems and was really satisfied with how they sounded. Hoping these new Bison will be as good, if not better!

I'd be very careful thinking that Totems can be placed that close to a back wall.  While I know nothing about the new Bison line, Totem advertises that many of their speakers can be placed close to the backwall.  Over the years I've owned four (4) different Totem speakers and never found that to be true.  Quite the contrary, the further out into the room (up to a point) the better.

@marco1 , I found that also true. I have never been successful in putting any speakers close to the front wall, more than 85cm

In fact, the 1/5 rule, my favorite positioning starting in my room distance the speakers 100cm from the back wall, and it can be up to 115cm.

In the end, I believe that the distances are dictated by the room’s dimensions and acoustics characteristics The Model 1 bass delivery is very very satisfying.

@rongvk Didn't see your post directed at me until now and I've had issues posting and updating my account. Sorry, I have no information on the Bison monitors other than what's online. Here is one article if that helps:

https://parttimeaudiophile.com/2022/12/09/totem-acoustic-introduces-the-bison-series-announcements/

@dz13 No worries. I wound up trading in the P3s for the new Bison monitors and have been running them for about a month. I'm happy with them. Thanks for the reply.