Please help with setting up a streaming system

Hi guys and gals,

I would like to start streaming some high res and cd quality music. I am very computer illiterate so please take it easy on me. I would like to set something up fairly easy to use and not spend more than 2k. I currently have an older PS Audio PWD 2  with just the bridge card and the PWT memory player going to PrimaLuna mono blocks and pre amp. I would like to use my dac if it is still a viable solution because I really like the sound when the recording is decent. Can someone please offer some direction and experience with where to start?

Thanks in advance for any advice and suggestions!

justinm

Thanks everyone for all the advice and suggestions on this thread. I pulled the trigger on the Aurender N100H streamer and can't wait to get everything up and running. I'm going to try Qobuz for the streaming service and use a wifi extender until I get the cat5 run figured out. 

I finally got the N100H hooked up and connected with a cheap Wi-Fi extender temporarily until I can run a cat7 cable from the router. Thank you so much for all your suggestions, I am really blown away with the sound quality. I was expecting it to be as good as an average sounding cd but so far it has far surpassed all but the best recorded cds. The Aurender sounds a lot closer to my VPI prime and way more analogue than than the dac and transport to my ears. I know I won’t stop spinning vinyl anytime soon but this is way more convenient without the clicks and pops of poor pressings. I’m very happy I went with this and have no regrets so far.

OP,

Excellent. Happy to hear… and it only gets better from where you are!