LOUDEST Concert and Tinnitus

This is a two part question.

1. What is the loudest concert (or event) that you have attended?

2. How long have you had tinnitus, is it getting better or worse and how are you dealing with it?

Personally, the loudest concert was UB40 at the Queen Elizabeth Theatre in Vancouver. Loudest event was drag racing at SIR (Seattle International Raceway) which was like sticking your head in a jet engine.

Regarding tinnitus. Over the past year or so I have noticed a constant high pitched "sound" in my ears. Mostly the left ear. At this point I don't actually know if it is constant or whether I just forget about it sometimes. I know use a white noise box when I go to sleep. Otherwise I tend to fixate on the ringing.

128x128tony1954
Post removed 
Post removed 

Hard to say which concert was the loudest. There was an Emerson Lake & Palmer concert that actually hurt all the while I was there. A Yes concert at the Bowl that had me covering my ears (I was about 2/3 back from the stage) and a Rage Against the Machine concert at the Universal Ampitheater that literally shook the whole place (the upper seating was moving so much and I could feel my heartbeat change its pace to match the beat...scary). 

A result of all this is I have a rather faint case of tinnitus that's comes and goes but it's so faint that I can tune it out at will and/or ignore it. Writing this made me aware of it again. No more concerts for me as anything louder than what I listen to at my place instantly hurts. If I had my druthers....

All the best,
Nonoise

Memories fade, but I tend to remember the loudness of concerts by the amount of days afterwards where my ears continued to ring. I also have to say that volume level varied a lot as to where I was sitting...or standing.

Anyway --

Led Zeppelin at the Shrine Exposition Hall (or was it the Rose Palace?).

Blind Faith at the same locale.

Whole bunches of bands at the Whiskey. They liked it loud at that joint.