Help in new processor purchase

Howdy…gonna do an upgrade soon, need advice.  Current system:Anthem avm 60  , Lexicon ZX-7 amp, Revel 5.1 with F208’s and Revel sub, Thinking about upgrading to Anthem avm 90, or McIntosh MX123.  
I primarily listen to 2 channel high res in 5.1, and music dvd’s.  Not much of a movie guy.  My room is mid sized and kinda oddball shaped, think I need some significant room correction, especially to fix muddy bass.  Suggestions, caveats?

biffmeister

we used to sell anthem had a recent falling out the avm 70 is far betterthen the 60

please contact us for an in depth discussionof the 60 vs 70

Dave and Troy Audio intellect nj

former anthem dealer

@biffmeister

I use both Anthem and Audussey. If you get Audyssey do the upgrade to MultQ-X and you will find they both do a great job.

Unlike @audiotroy I have my ACTUAL system and graphs of each room correction posted in my profile. 

While I respect JL Labs subs a lot, I’m not sure you need to go to that level of expense for great sound. These SVS SB1000 Pro subs get you down to 20Hz (-3dB) and are very room friendly at what are basically only 13” cubes, and you can get two for only $1150 and include very good integration software. They offer a truly risk-free, 45-day in-home trial including shipping both ways so you can see if they do what you need. Just trying to save you some $$$, and best of luck.

https://www.svsound.com/products/sb-1000-pro-subwoofer