Nordost Power Cords - Versions and Combinations

Hello everyone. I have been using Nordost power cords since 2014 in my three tube and solid state systems and two HT systems. I would like to know what you think. They are my favorites, but here are two things I've noticed since using them:

1) I own several models, old and new: including 5 Red Dawn, 4 Heimdall2, 4 Brahma, 6 Valhalla V1, 1 Tyr V2, 2 Valhalla V2. However, except the Valhalla V2 which is exceptional, I prefer first versions: Faster, more detailed, sharper attack and more in the music movement. I have the impression that the Heimdall2, for example, is neutral, but a bit muddy and very round in the top-end compared to the first version power cords. What do you think?

2) To take full advantage of Nordost power cords, contrary to what Nordost claims, I think they should be combined with braided copper brands, preferably at distributors / conditionners (eg. QB8 or the Denali) entries. For example: Shunyata King Cobra, Audio Sensibility Statement, Triodes Labs Obsession or Bis Audio AC 20. Because, as many complain, Nordost cables are relatively flat, except for the top-end which is still quite smooth, typical of monofilament. I assume the braided cord fills a slight gap which is located in the mid-bass area. IMO, the important thing is not to combine them too much in order to preserve the speed
provided by Nordost. Have you ever experienced the same?

vinci92

I want to ask for an opinion on the use of Nordost for a digital source, in the specific case of Auralik Vega G2 (Fuse:Synergistic Research - Purple)Synergistic ResearchSynergistic Research. This cable will be connected to the PS-IRS9000 power supply, which in turn is connected to the Voodo-Tesla from the wall.
Cable requirement: add maximum resolution and air without losing sound density and bass.
Will it be Nordost, after power supply? What do you recommend which model to take from Nordost, or Nordost is not the most suitable for a digital source and my cable requirements

Thanks

I feed most of my digital sources with Nordost first versions and I highly recommend Brahma PC: Wonderful mid bass, very articulate, detailed top end and very, very dynamic. Never shrill or garish. That said, Valhalla V1 is also absolutely exceptional. You may eventually find a 2m Brahma for 800 or 850$ or a Valhalla V1 for 1300 or 1400$.

Btw, I know Nordost claims the wall PC should be the highest in range, but the one directly connected to my most important component was the most decisive in all my systems and rooms. It's about experimenting with configuration and combinations in order to get the best out of it.

Thanks for the advice.  Now these Nordosds are not available for marketing, but there are Nordost Frey 2 ($1200) How will it show itself on a digital source?  What will be better?

My friend had the Frey2. I only tried it on his system, but on the same source I own: a Lumin X1. He ended up selling it to buy and a Tyr2 he preferred. From experience, I presume that it isn't as dynamic as the Brahma, but I think the price is fair. If it doesn't fit, it's still easy to resell.