Lumin X1 and Upgraded DC umbilical cord for power supply.

I know this question is so very specific but just wonderin’ if anyone has experimented with aftermarket umbilical cords to be used with their Lumin streamers.

I see that a company called Westminster Labs sell a cord for $$$. And Audio Sensibilities also sells a cord for much less and has my interest.

Has anyone had experience using one of these cords?

ozzy

128x128ozzy

I am going to demo the Westminster Labs one from a Los Angeles dealer. He first has to round one up. 

I was at one point interested in the X1 so I know that "gleeds" here and on WBF is the guy that is the Westminster Labs dealer. He has a write up over on WBF, but I assume you are already familiar with it.

Thanks for the comments. Does the Westminster Labs cord use better contents than the Audio Sensibilities?

The latter, is said to be made with solid pure silver conductors and graphene etc.

Wonder why the Westminster is so much more expensive? I haven't been to discern its design.

ozzy

The part that interests me is that the Westminister guy and Lumin could be working together on some things. I may have read that on WBF.

@pokey Have you gone over to Excel Audio and listened to the Esoteric SACD players? It is a big drive for me to make.  I got my Lumin X1 for my 2-channel system, but it sounds so incredible on my headphones that I am now using it there.

However, the 2 streaming outputs of the X1 allow me to consider another DAC/SACD player for the 2-channel. The X1's streamer is rather good, including the output streams. I sourced the input stream from fibre optical.

I am looking for opinions on the new Esoteric SACD/DAC players with the FPGA design. How does it compare to the X1?