My opinion;

Rap, a.k.a. hip-hop,has to be the hardest to listen to of all the genres.Subject matter consists of violence, procuring drugs,and degrading women.I'm thinking many members are on board with this. Am I right or wrong?

rockysantoro

Same thing my parents said about the Stones and Zeppelin. Each generation has its own.

@mapman My point was Hip/Hop or Rap is not the best music to be played on a highly resolving system due to the limitations in many of that genres recordings. This could be one of several reasons why Hip/Hop is avoided by some Audiophiles. Poorly recorded music "can" sound better on a less resolving system.

A lot of hip hop is about that, but lots of it also warns against those things.

I listen to pretty much every genre, but very little jazz and pop and hardly any hip hop since college.  That said, What They Do by The Roots is one of the best sounding recordings I've ever heard. I've also noticed that for some reason hip hop and steel string acoustic songs seem to sound better on solid state systems (I have a tube-based system now), so sometimes I wonder if that's part why I prefer other music. When I had a Naim Nova, 2Pac sounded awesome, not so much on a Marantz 8b.