Lumin X1 and Upgraded DC umbilical cord for power supply.

I know this question is so very specific but just wonderin’ if anyone has experimented with aftermarket umbilical cords to be used with their Lumin streamers.

I see that a company called Westminster Labs sell a cord for $$$. And Audio Sensibilities also sells a cord for much less and has my interest.

Has anyone had experience using one of these cords?

ozzy

128x128ozzy

Ozzy

Not with the cords you have mentioned but with my Lucas Audio Music Streamer I use a David Laboga umbilical cord.  It was worth it!

Thanks willgolf for your experience, sounds like a worthwhile investment. The Lumin has a 10-pin configuration which seems to make the aftermarket cords limited to just a few companies.

Since I am using a high-end power cord (AQ Dragon) and a Synergistic Master fuse, I guess the natural evolution (for me) would be to upgrade the cord connecting the external power supply to the Lumin proper.

So, I took one for the team and went ahead and ordered the umbilical cord from Audio Sensibilities. There is even a 30-day guarantee!

I should have it late next week.

So, all you Lumin users take note...

ozzy

I am going to demo the Westminster Labs one from a Los Angeles dealer. He first has to round one up.