Cumulative Effect of cables question

I recently picked up an Isoclean power cord used which kind of blew my mind. Stereo field is wiiiiiiiide. Channel separation is insane. 

but

it blooms in the lower midrange/mid bass and it’s a little much. I have been re-tuning my subs to counter act it. I moved the cord from the power amp to the Linestage and it was the same but less (given the ridiculous power supply the Athena has I’m not surprised. Anyway, with it on the Linestage I get most of the width and separation and like half the bloom. 
So

It’s got me thinking about getting another to put back on the power amp but am admittedly leary about too much bloom. I currently have an Audio Envy Ocean on everything (save the Linestage). So would adding another Isoclean cumulatively bloom with 2 components in the same chain?

gochurchgo

Well, power cords and interconnects tend not to add something that is not there before… unless they are really cheap and allow RFI or other noise in. In general, the better they are, the better they get out of the way. 

in general, you want completely compatible, great sounding components, then search for wires that get out of the way of their performance. 

If they sound too warm Maybe it is the function of your components. 

What are your components and venue. It would be really helpful to see your system. There is a place under your user ID to create your virtual system. This would be really helpful to allow us to help. Without knowing your system and venue… it is like shooting in the dark.

- IME, a pc will present a different sonic signature depending on the component.

- If two components offer a similar presentation with the exact same pc, then yes, the effects will be cumulative - especially if the components are in adjacent series.

- Another question would be, did the new pc add the bloom or did it reveal bloom that was mitigated by the previous pc? If so, what might be causing the bloom. Other cabling? Silver vs copper? A suspended floor? Tubes? Room acoustics?

- If you can return the cable after a trial period, that would be the best case scenario.

@steakster  great point. With the AE power cable the sound thinner a little but was more open. With the Isoclean it’s blooming. Odyssey amps are on the warm side. I have to admit I’m seduced by the channel separation.