OMG - Room Acoustics are Critical - WAF be dam-ed!.

Just wanted to let my friends on Audiogon know - my wife was gone this week - I moved a LAMP in my living room - Sound stage widened by 4 feet. Mid and high end much cleaner.

Room Treatments do matter. 

Wish me luck - she gets home in 3 hours!

Enjoy the music - I am amazed at my playlists - like a new and improved system!

tom8999

tom8999

I moved my wife's signed and framed Barry Manilow musical score OUT of my listening space.

Focus and detail improved.  

The collectible is still hanging on a wall.  Just not in my listening room.  She still likes me.

that is a great idea for my Maggie 1.7is but I do not want to push my luck!

They are already 2.7feet from the back wall and sound amazing.

Just FYI, you will benefit from more distance from the back wall.  If not possible, it's not.  I have a similar issue.  But those with the luxury of space can get even more from their Maggies. 

I had to have my speakers close to the back wall....Wife....She is worth keeping so I obliged.  So I wondered what would happen if I moved them out 2 inches.  No comments.  A week later I moved them another two inches....no comment.  So I moved them out another two inches....no comment.  I gave her 6 inches and apparently she was still happy with me.  So I moved them out another 3 inches.  She could not handle the 9 inches and said something.  We compromised at 7 inches and she was a happy camper.  The moral of the story...give her 6 inches and she always wants one more inch.  

So, Kenjit is right - speakers are not plug and play.

You have to move a lamp to make them sound good!