Please help with setting up a streaming system

Hi guys and gals,

I would like to start streaming some high res and cd quality music. I am very computer illiterate so please take it easy on me. I would like to set something up fairly easy to use and not spend more than 2k. I currently have an older PS Audio PWD 2  with just the bridge card and the PWT memory player going to PrimaLuna mono blocks and pre amp. I would like to use my dac if it is still a viable solution because I really like the sound when the recording is decent. Can someone please offer some direction and experience with where to start?

Thanks in advance for any advice and suggestions!

justinm

Get a Paradigm Link or Martin Logan Unison, it does everything you want PLUS will add ARC room correction to your system.

Innuos just came out with their Pulse Mini that comes in at $1249 and would be a great choice.  Their new Sense software is free and gets great reviews from both a performance a sound perspective, and they’re constantly improving it for free.  Plus, their customer support is excellent.  Just my $0.02 FWIW. 

A good place to start would be with the Bluesound Node streamer. One of its advantages is how is the very well designed software and how easy it is to integrate with all the popular streaming sources. It would allow you to use your existing DAC. 

For budget conscious systems, the Bluesound is excellent.

For a better quality, I would go with Innuos and Aurilac.

As far as your DAC goes, I think it would be the best start in order to attain higher quality sound. A used Ayre Codex,(now under $1K), will blow the PWD out of the room.

My 2 cents...

Bob

The Martin Logan Unison are on closeout at 50% off for $199 and the ARC room correction is a game changer. No other streamer will offer this room correction except Paradigms:

https://www.martinlogan.com/en/product/unison

The Unison wireless pre-amp can not only stream music using your choice of DTS Play-Fi or Apple AirPlay, it also offers one of the best room-correction solutions on the market.