New Class D amplifiers

Hello. I'm very interested in getting your opinion on the newer Class D amplifiers.  There has been a couple of very positive reviews (by Guttenberg) of the Bel Canto C6i and NAD M23.  These, and perhaps some others are offering new technology that significantly lower the class D noise level and other drawbacks.    

I currently use a Class A amp, Pass Labs INT-25 (with Dynaudio Heritage Special speakers) which has a wonderful sound. But I am transitioning to another location, and due to using Roon primarily I find that this system stays on most of the day.  Due to heat and power usage of Class A amplifiers, I'm interested in translating to Class D if I find something comparable.

128x128grantgg

@innersound300 Never trusted audioholics, or plainly said; Gene is just full of it. Not everything that measures well sounds well; CD vs Vinyl, solid state vs. Tubes, and so on. Been there, done it (with the same equipment they promote). 

Having compared the Orchard Audio Starkcrimson Stereo Ultra GanF class d with amps from Sanders, Wells and Parasound Halo in my system and my buddies system...let me just say that this amp, which was the affordable great sounding darling of the Florida Audio expo this year deserves both respect and an audition...which as noted above, is available on the tour link for those who are interested.

Orchard's class d ganfet amp is the real deal- read the review in audio express. It uses post filter feedback and has a frequency response that is load invariant, meaning it doesn't change character with a speaker's varying impedance. Most well designed class d amps will be load invariant. Not so for many of those using the gan module used in the peachtree and lsa gan amps. Be careful with those as they might sound fine with speakers with a tame impedance equal to the design point but anything that varies wildly and doesn't sit nicely at the design point impedance will change character.

The best performing class d is currently coming from Hypex and Purifi. VTV, Buckeye, March, and others are selling amps at unbelievable pricing using these amp modules.

FWIW, a friend brought over his two class D amps (Peachtree stereo and Atma monos) to compare to my two class A amps (Reference Line Silver and modded Plinius SA103). The class A was better in virtually every way. He was disappointed and sold his amps. I was also disappointed because I like the idea of a light amp that uses little power, and was willing to switch if it sounded as good. But the trade-off is too great for me--and for him. He also has the 25-watt Pass class A. Nice thing about the Plinius is that it idles in A/B and you can switch to A when you want to listen.