What's A Good Upgrade From A Manley Steelhead?

I'm on a mission to improve my vinyl front-end. Starting point is to replace the Graham 2.2 on my Basis Audio Debut Gold Vacuum, followed by a new compatible cartridge, next will be a different phonostage.

I like the Steelhead but I'm sure there's something better out there. I've around $8K  to play with and prefer to buy used. Has anyone stepped up from the Steelhead successfully, if so, what did you buy and how much of an improvement was it?

Appreciate any thoughts/ideas? 

128x128rooze

Find a used Herron VTPH-2A.  Still at least as good or better than anything else available.  Within your budget and worth much more.

Dear @rooze  : As you already knew Moon is a low profile manufacturer with a very high quality and knowledge engeenering and build quality second to none. Here you can read about the 610Lp:

Simaudio MOON Evolution 610LP phonostage (tonepublications.com)

201506_simaudio_guts.jpg (765×510) (soundstagehifi.com)

Tube units can't really compete with this level of SS unit. Just splendid.

R.

Dear @drbond  : "  I think an upgrade should be 50-100% more in price, otherwise you’re just looking at different. "

Upgrade an audio system link has its real foundation not in the price that at the end could be tell you almost nothing other that it's more expensive. The foundation of that upgrade belongs to the engeenering level and build quality of the unit manufacturer and you can besure that the 610 does not envy your CH about.

R.