Shunyata Altaira Grounding Station ........has anybody purchased this new product ?

Hello Audiogoner's - I hope all is well and just wondering if anybody has purchased Shunyata's new Grounding Station. If you have, I would appreciate your feedback. Thank you in advance and stay well.....  

garebear

Holydean,  Where did you find the Shunyata PDF guide?  I couldn't find it on the Shunyata website.

....just a follow up on my thread as it has been 2 1/2 weeks now since I placed my order and no Altria as of this writing. My dealer who is a good one by the way, has no shipment date as of last night. I do find it odd that Shunyata has a new product to offer that was also named  '' Product Of The Year '' by Absolute Sound and now it  would appear that they no finished products in the '' pile line '' to ship out to their customer's. That is just MY opinion on that comment but I do find it a little odd. It could be that the demand was bigger than their supply which I hope is the case which is good for Shunyata, but not for us the customer. My concern is that I have not been given any time frame for delivery, which is bothersome to me. More to follow and stay well .........   

...thats '' pipe line '' ......and not '' pile line '' ......I obviously can't type !   

@garebear

I for one am looking forward to your review of the Shunyata Altaira Grounding Station.

I watched the video below and found Gabriel’s explanation of how it works makes sense to me.

/ / / /

This from another thread I posted here on Agon: (Edited)

What I know about the Shunyata ALTRAIRA Ground System I learned from watching the video below. What Gabriel has built, and his explanation of how it works, makes sense to me. He uses individual filters that are connected, to each ground post on the back of the box that are then connected to a common ground conductor. So all the filtered grounding posts are connected together.

He has two boxes. One for the Chassis ground and one the signal circuit ground. NOTE no where in the video does he promote floating, disconnecting, the EGC from any audio equipment that uses it. If fact, as I remember from watching the video, He says, and rightly so, the electrical service connection to mother earth is for lightning protection. Not for, shunting, diverting, noise to earth...

He didn’t fully explain, unless I missed it, how he treats the chassis of Class II double insulated audio equipment where an EGC is not used. That equipment is different... That equipment the Signal ground and DC B -, is connected directly to the chassis. One mistake I caught was him saying that tube equipment designers connect the signal ground and DC B - directly to the chassis. That’s not true. Some might, but not all.

What I did find interesting, if true, is that some equipment designers dump the noise the rectifier(s) make in the DC power supply(s) and SMPS onto the chassis. That would corrupts all the audio equipment as I see it. Maybe Gabriel could show them designers of audio equipment how to install a filter between the signal ground, DC B - , and chassis. That would solve a lot problems.

.......I think that is why you need to use a ; Multimeter first to check to see if there is continuity between components so that these grounding units will actually do their proposed job.