Maggie owners -- Mye or Magna Riser stands

just thought i would poll the maggie owners on here, which are many, to see if you have either of these for your pair, and how/why you chose.

looks to me that the mye’s maintain stock height but are more substantial for stiffening the speaker and floor coupling, where as the magna-risers do less of that (but still better than the wimpy stock feet) but they do raise the speaker off the floor for a sonic benefit

would love to hear a discussion on the pros/cons of each (or third alternative, if there is one...) -- thanks in advance for any input

ps - i currently am enjoying a pair of 1.7i's but may move to 3.7i's

128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xjjss49

@swede58 … That’s exactly what I’ve heard as well. I heard the 1.7/1.7i difference for myself in my own system. It was very easily noticeable. It sounds like the consensus is that the 3.7/3.7i difference is barely evident. I don’t live near Minnesota, and packing up 3.7s, shipping both ways, and paying them for the upgrade is an expense, and a risk that outweighs what is likely a very slight improvement. Plus, I wouldn’t have them side by side to compare! 

@krelldreams I asked Wendell If the ”i” goes deeper than the original 3.7’s, he said; ”no, not really, it’s a tweak”. I guess he was referring to the damping pad behind the midrange which makes them slightly more laid back and warmer sounding.

@krelldreams I'm reading between the lines and taking liberties but it sounds like the 1.7i worked well for you and given a do over you might have stayed with them? I'm thinking about getting some 1.7i but the lure of the 3.7i is always lurking.

@bubba12 : It’s a tough call. The 3.7 is noticeably better than the 1.7i, but in the category of performance per dollar, I’d say the 1.7i wins. I did have both to compare, and I did keep the 3.7 and sell the 1.7i, so I guess that speaks to how it worked out for me. The difference in price between the two is pretty vast. To answer your question; if I were to do it all over, and hadn’t compared them head to head, I’d probably get the 1.7i. With that said, I don’t want to go backwards… now that I have the 3.7, I will likely stay with them. I hope that isn’t too confusing!

I cannot compare Mye vs. Magna Riser, but I'm very pleased with the Magna Riser vs. the stock stands on my .7's. Now my panels don't point at the ceiling. There was a noticeable improvement in sonics with the Magna Risers. They took a LONG time to arrive, but Robert and Shauna were top notch to work with.