Cable upgrade

I was contemplating a cable change as I recently purchased new speakers, Focal Sopra 1’s. I am running McIntosh MC275’s (mono-blocked). I currently have Goertz MI 2 Veracity cables. I wonder if anyone has experience with Nordost Frey2’s in a similar type system, i.e. tube amps? As the Goertz’s are also of a ’flat wire’ build type, they might be somewhat analogous and carry similar characteristics, with the Nordost doing so at a higher level?

I made a huge jump in speaker capabilities and wonder if I should also upgrade to a higher-level speaker cable also. The dealer listened to my system after we set the speakers, and he stated knowing what he knows about the Focal’s, he felt I was leaving something on the table as to the highs with my current cables. He felt the highs sounded ’ truncated’ and not as open/airy. Yes, I know he’s probably trying to upsell, but he’s been pretty honest in my dealings with him.

I have read many threads here regarding the Frey2's, and they appear to be well liked.

TIA

tonydec

+1 on working with your dealer and auditioning cables.  I will also say my first real speaker cables were the Goertz MI Veracity cables and they were decent starter cables but nothing special, so your dealer is probably right there.

@soix is correct in letter your Sopra's settle in. I listened to my Sopra 2's for about 6 months before they settled in. I was maybe listening 2 hours per day for 5 days per week. So that's about 40 hours a month and 240 hours over 6 months. The brightness definitely settles out and I understand the brightness concern right out of the gate. But they definitely burn that off and become a lot more delicate and precise rather than sharp and direct the first few hundred hours. Can't comment on cable changes as I have just run my Rocket 88's and that's it. 

I've been listening an average of about 6 hours a day to facilitate them burning in.  I detected a change in the soundstage today, seemed to flatten out so I moved them around a tad.  Have a nice deep soundstage with better focus with a slight toe in.  I'll see how that settles in the next week or so before making any changes again if needed.  Amazing how much difference small increments can make.  I have the "Get Better Sound" book to help me along.  

As many recommended, cable change will wait until I'm satisfied that speakers are run in and stabilized.

I've been listening a couple of weeks now, and I am happy with the Focal's and their "progress" so far.

I replaced the Veracity's with the AQ's I had just to see if I could detect any changes.  Seemed to even out the sound somewhat and exhibit a blacker background.  The Veracity's were a better match with my old speakers, so I'm assuming better system synergy with the AQ's and the Focals.  My interconnects are all AQ King Cobra XLR's, so IF I decide to make any changes, it'll probably be up the AQ line as at this point they seem like a better match with my gear.  Another plus is the AQ dealer is only about 15-20 minutes away so demoing different cables will be much easier overall.  As we know, just because one cable sounds great doesn't mean a better one will.  I experienced that with another system, a lessor line AQ actually sounded better to my ear on my CD player then the King Cobra's did.  

Am I thinking correctly here?  I'll check in again in about a week as speakers continue to burn in.  

Am I thinking correctly here? 

Yes you are, because you’re using your own ears, your own tastes, and your own system.  Keep going with that.  Higher price doesn’t always mean a better fit.  Sometimes less is more, especially with cables.  I’m just glad you’re happy with what you’re hearing.  Congrats!