Nordost Power Cords - Versions and Combinations

Hello everyone. I have been using Nordost power cords since 2014 in my three tube and solid state systems and two HT systems. I would like to know what you think. They are my favorites, but here are two things I've noticed since using them:

1) I own several models, old and new: including 5 Red Dawn, 4 Heimdall2, 4 Brahma, 6 Valhalla V1, 1 Tyr V2, 2 Valhalla V2. However, except the Valhalla V2 which is exceptional, I prefer first versions: Faster, more detailed, sharper attack and more in the music movement. I have the impression that the Heimdall2, for example, is neutral, but a bit muddy and very round in the top-end compared to the first version power cords. What do you think?

2) To take full advantage of Nordost power cords, contrary to what Nordost claims, I think they should be combined with braided copper brands, preferably at distributors / conditionners (eg. QB8 or the Denali) entries. For example: Shunyata King Cobra, Audio Sensibility Statement, Triodes Labs Obsession or Bis Audio AC 20. Because, as many complain, Nordost cables are relatively flat, except for the top-end which is still quite smooth, typical of monofilament. I assume the braided cord fills a slight gap which is located in the mid-bass area. IMO, the important thing is not to combine them too much in order to preserve the speed
provided by Nordost. Have you ever experienced the same?

vinci92

My x audio biz partner used 100% Nordost TOL for a few years, then stopped- FINALLY. Since you apparently have the funds try the Nordost knockoffs from Ali-Express. I have been using the Odin 2 speaker cables (not ribbons!) coax, and ICs, but tried the Odin Gold XLRs and found them warmer= more natural sounding, so I replaced my Odin 2 speaker cables with Odin Gold (<$200 for 3m pair!!!). Alas, after lots of searching, I could only find them with bananas, but sonically much more natural in my SS sytem. Previously I was using WireWorld Series 8 speaker cables and XLRs

hth