Cable upgrade

I was contemplating a cable change as I recently purchased new speakers, Focal Sopra 1’s. I am running McIntosh MC275’s (mono-blocked). I currently have Goertz MI 2 Veracity cables. I wonder if anyone has experience with Nordost Frey2’s in a similar type system, i.e. tube amps? As the Goertz’s are also of a ’flat wire’ build type, they might be somewhat analogous and carry similar characteristics, with the Nordost doing so at a higher level?

I made a huge jump in speaker capabilities and wonder if I should also upgrade to a higher-level speaker cable also. The dealer listened to my system after we set the speakers, and he stated knowing what he knows about the Focal’s, he felt I was leaving something on the table as to the highs with my current cables. He felt the highs sounded ’ truncated’ and not as open/airy. Yes, I know he’s probably trying to upsell, but he’s been pretty honest in my dealings with him.

I have read many threads here regarding the Frey2's, and they appear to be well liked.

TIA

tonydec

With tube gear, I found Nordost cables to be a good match when I listened to them on my dealer’s setups, as well as Cardas gear. And this is coming from someone who really hated the Nordost loom on trial at home on SS gear.
However, these two really work well when used as a full loom, especially Nordost (for Cardas I feel you don’t necessarily need the power cords to march and have good results). And given that they are polar opposites, a home trial is highly recommended.

But in the meanwhile enjoy the Focal Sopras, great speakers!

Once your confident your speakers have settled in I’d encourage you to reach out again and share what improvements you’d be looking for over your current cables so you get targeted recommendations specifically what you’re looking for rather than what everybody else likes.  That’s key IMHO.  Also, I’d encourage you to not neglect interconnects.  In many systems, including mine, they have an even greater impact on sound than speaker cables.  It all needs to work together as a system in the end.  Enjoy your excellent new speakers!

+1 on working with your dealer and auditioning cables.  I will also say my first real speaker cables were the Goertz MI Veracity cables and they were decent starter cables but nothing special, so your dealer is probably right there.

@soix is correct in letter your Sopra's settle in. I listened to my Sopra 2's for about 6 months before they settled in. I was maybe listening 2 hours per day for 5 days per week. So that's about 40 hours a month and 240 hours over 6 months. The brightness definitely settles out and I understand the brightness concern right out of the gate. But they definitely burn that off and become a lot more delicate and precise rather than sharp and direct the first few hundred hours. Can't comment on cable changes as I have just run my Rocket 88's and that's it. 

I've been listening an average of about 6 hours a day to facilitate them burning in.  I detected a change in the soundstage today, seemed to flatten out so I moved them around a tad.  Have a nice deep soundstage with better focus with a slight toe in.  I'll see how that settles in the next week or so before making any changes again if needed.  Amazing how much difference small increments can make.  I have the "Get Better Sound" book to help me along.  

As many recommended, cable change will wait until I'm satisfied that speakers are run in and stabilized.