CD and Network Streamers

I've ben out of the audio hobby for some time and just now getting back in. 

System - Bryston 4B ST amp, ARC LS 25 MkII preamp, Aerial Model 8 speakers.

I likely need a decent CD player but these streaming pieces sounds really interesting. The 3 to 5K price is honestly more than I'm willing to spend though as I won't lister to the system more than occasionally. Does anyone know:

1. A decent CD/ Streamer combo for $1,500 or less

2. A $1,000 Streamer seperate they'd recommend

Thanks!

martineaud

I ripped all of my CDs and play them from the Aurender’s internal SSD.  Hardly worth the money unless you either have lots of free cash, or want to spend a good bit of time listening to music.

@vonhelmholtz

I would think you intended to say, “hardly worth the time”. assuming you already had the CDs. I’m giving away my CDs.

Fortunately I had ripped mine over the last fifteen years… so I put them on my streamer… but I never play them. They sound exactly the same as the streamed version and often Qobuz has a higher resolution version available. I probably play a ripped CD once a year.

Do you have a lot of CDs?  One thing to consider would be a streamer that incorporates a CD ripper that can also just play CDs.  Melco N100 is a streamer with 2TB storage and if you get their CD ripper it can be used as a CD player.  Total cost around $3500.  The N100 can also be used as a server for other servers that may be on the network, such as in a second system elsewhere in the home

Post removed 

Thank you all for your advice and comments on this. I just pulled the trigger on Blue sound Vault 2i ripper/streamer combo. I'm excited and ready to get this up and running into my system.