Add-Powr Power Conditioner Review

The owner of Add-Powr was doing business previously as QRT making a very similar product until he sold it to Nordost.  The Add -Powr products are unique in that they upgrade the power in your walls, not just what you plug into them. This review is for the $$ flaghship product but they have many others on their website.

I use two of his products (one from thge QRT line and one from Add-Powr) in my system and the benefits are cumulative, here is the review of the "Sorcr" in hifi+

kota1

You have 0 idea on how to answer that until you plug it in yourself.

Sorry, you are so right. Just because it sounds exactly like gobbledygook masquerading as techno babble is no reason to dismiss it outright.

I don't recommend it for you, I think you will blow a gasket on how much other stuff you bought that didn't deliver the goods.

Well, you clearly know nothing about me, or my satisfaction with my purchases, but sure, carry on here like you know anything about me.

It surprises me that for a member with high standards like yourself

Oh, the faux gentility is just icing on this.

you just kind of dismiss it when it is in its own category, one you have 0 knowledge about or experience with.

Yep, that's exactly how they sell it.  It's so revolutionary and new that science can't even measure it's benefits...

I have the Symphony IO.  All I have to do is turn in on and sit down. It takes a few linutes, then you will hear the music sound richer and more open.  Turn it off and music will just sound less engaging and open.  This test is repeatable. I have basically the same system over 2 years and can tell changes good or bad.  Very nice improvment whatever it is or does.

As I've said, the closest, and at least scientifically based competitor to this is Richard Gray's Power Company. 

Anyone actually compared the two? 

Yes, I had a unit many moons ago. I couldn’t tell if it did anything. The Richard Gray unit is not even remotely in the same league in terms of performance and usefulness.

Erik, why don’t you try it, you can give it a review? I would be interested in your opinion.

ozzy

I tried the Sorcer unit last year. I read a positive review and called the owner (he is local here in Southern California) . He was very generous with his time explaining how he thought the unit works but I really didn’t understand anything he was telling me. I kept the unit for a couple of weeks trying different configurations. Unfortunately I couldn’t hear any difference in my 2 channel setup or my home theater system . I discussed with Bill and he was surprised I couldn’t hear any improvement. I returned the unit for full refund. I do have a Torus RM20 Bal isolation transformer and have dedicated Powr lines to the equipment. The system is particularly quiet so should have heard any changes. I’m sure the units have worked well in other’s systems as described in previous posts but it doesn’t work in all systems.