Breathtaking SACD of popular classical music

I started to explore SACD (have first CDs now, and for example Dark Side of the Moon was amazing). 

I would like to add some breathtaking SACD version of some popular classical music. Any suggestions? 

kraftwerkturbo

HRAAudio.net has reviews of many SACDs and other hi-res formats. A lot of classical reviews.

@kr4 Wow, I appreciate the details in your response. I need to start somewhere (with my first classical SACD). So if you have to pick (with emphasis on recording qualityh and use of SACD technicology), which would you order? 

I have no idea.  It would depend on my mood.  That's why I keep a large collection.

Just listening to a spectacular CD from Analogue Productions of Rachmaninoff “Symphonic Dances” with the Dallas Symphony.  Good as, if not better, than any SACD.

"Just listening to a spectacular CD from Analogue Productions of Rachmaninoff “Symphonic Dances” with the Dallas Symphony.  Good as, if not better, than any SACD."

OK.  It was greatly feted in its time but I've always found it coarse and brash, both in sound and performance.  Previn (EMI stereo), Oue (Reference stereo) and Jansons (RCO mch) are superior in every way.  IMO, of course. 😎

Try the Presto music site in the U.K.  They ship around the world and frequently offer significant discounts.  You can search by format, such as SACD.  Berkshire Record Outlet is another site that sells excess inventory from around the world.

If you use Amazon, it helps to know exactly what you are looking for, and they don’t always clearly identify everything as SACD.

“Popular Classical Music “ is a bit oxymoronic of a term, but let me recommend Beethoven’s Nine Symphonies on the Alia Vox label with Jordi Savall conducting. Savall also made a great recording of Bach’s Brandenburg Concertos.  There was a pretty good Planets on the Naxos label a few years back. The labels BIS and Pentatone have large catalogs with lots of Classical Standards included