Add-Powr Power Conditioner Review

The owner of Add-Powr was doing business previously as QRT making a very similar product until he sold it to Nordost.  The Add -Powr products are unique in that they upgrade the power in your walls, not just what you plug into them. This review is for the $$ flaghship product but they have many others on their website.

I use two of his products (one from thge QRT line and one from Add-Powr) in my system and the benefits are cumulative, here is the review of the "Sorcr" in hifi+

kota1

kota1,

The Carvers offer tube sound with high power. The best of both worlds!

ozzy

@ozzy

+1, some designers attempt this using a hybrid solid state/tube design but its expensive and not as good.

Are the tubes high maintenance? How many hours before they degrade?

The ADD-Powr Sorcer and Wizard are unlike traditional power conditioners. 

They are not filters, nor isolation transformers, nor power re-generation devices, nor inductive energy storage devices. They are harmonic resonators that "condition" AC power in a unique manner.

The layman's explanation is at the web site.

Harmonic resonators... where haven't I heard that a lot before in a hundred different ways...

You can't resonate if you have nearly zero input/output. 

At best it sounds like Richard Gray's devices. 

@erik_squires 

At best it sounds like.....

You have 0 idea on how to answer that until you plug it in yourself. I don't recommend it for you, I think you will blow a gasket on how much other stuff you bought that didn't deliver the goods. It surprises me that for a member with high standards like yourself you just kind of dismiss it when it is in its own category, one you have 0 knowledge about or experience with.

kota1,

I have never needed to change the power tubes in the several years of use. They barely glow so very little strain on them. The claim is they will last 10+ years. Probably will.

Anyway, back to the Sorcer X4 thread. All I can add is that until the naysayers actually try it, then perhaps they can describe the technical or power effects of the product.

Erik, where is your creative motivation?

ozzy