Add-Powr Power Conditioner Review

The owner of Add-Powr was doing business previously as QRT making a very similar product until he sold it to Nordost.  The Add -Powr products are unique in that they upgrade the power in your walls, not just what you plug into them. This review is for the $$ flaghship product but they have many others on their website.

I use two of his products (one from thge QRT line and one from Add-Powr) in my system and the benefits are cumulative, here is the review of the "Sorcr" in hifi+

kota1

And they will improve the audio signal energy (signal-to-noise ratio) by as much as 10 - 15% throughout the audio spectrum.

+1, I find it was very impactful on my network too, my router, modem, NAS, etc are all benefitting. I plugged the most recent add power unit I purchased into the power strip that my PJ and back surround amps are plugged into in the back of the room. The picture from my PJ popped as expected but the nice surprise was the my entire system got a benefit, side surrounds, height channels, etc. The units synergize, even when plugged into different receptacles.

@cohsystms , any advice for @donavabdear who is being plagued by hum on his subs?

@erik_squires , if you got questions about power, @cohsystms is the member to ask :).

Post removed 

@cohsystms 

Great to see you and thanks for joining this thread! I am using an immersive audio system (9.2.7) and the soundstage improvement when I added my most recent Add Powr component was very noticeable. I might get an enhanced benefit because I am using around 12 active speakers with two internal monoblock amps each, one driving the woofer, and one driving the tweeter.

You know how a screen looks with a projected image on it when you go from living room (good) light to pitch black (crystal clear)? That is an analogy of what happened to the sound when I plugged in my most recent add powr upgrade. The sound went from being good (like a screen in the living room light) to crystal (like a nice Dolby Vision image in a pitch black room.) I wasn’t expecting that level of improvement and it made me smile, thank you! I will be looking forward to adding the Symphony I/O soon.

@ozzy 

I have been using carver/Sunfire amps for years but they have all been solid state. How do you like the Carver tube amp?