Need Help Calculating System Amp Draw

Hi, I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the right place but I thought I'd try.

I know this is kind of a newbie question but I'm having trouble calculating the amp draw of my system. I'm running a recording rig and it's hard to tell what some of the gear is pulling. I know Amps are Watts/Volts but I'm confused about what actual wattage is being used (for example, my DAW has a power supply of 850W but the company that made the computer for me says that the way I'm using it, it's probably only pulling 500-600W). Some of the gear, like my monitors, say 230W on the back, but then online it says 90W, so I'm wondering if it's the same kind of thing where the power supply is higher than what's actually being used. I'm looking to add some hardware and don't want to overload the circuit.

Here's what I have, any help appreciated! Thank you.

Microphone Power Supply - 8.4W / 120V = 0.07 Amps

Lavry Black AD11 - 14W / 120V = .116 Amps

Mytek 192 ADC - I can't find any info but I'm guessing similar to the Lavry AD

Lavry DA10 - 0.1 Amps ?
    Voltage 90-264 VAC, Frequency 40-63Hz, Current 0.1A
    Fuse Rating 2.5A “Time Delay”

Computer - 850W Power Supply, probably just using up to 600W / 120V = 5 Amps

Lights - added up all the lightbulbs, it's about 0.75 Amps

KRK VXT6 Monitors - says 230W on the back? which would be 1.9 Amps each. The internet also says 120W and 90W in different places, so I'm confused.

Great River Preamp - says the fuse is 0.75A, not sure if that means it's using that much?

TV - says 1.8A on the back.

I'm wanting to add a compressor and a few additional preamps but it's only a 15A circuit.

Thanks!

128x128acar83

Well, if you really need Amps you could buy a simple Amp meter like the one I link below, but if you are trying to figure out maximum load on a 15A circuit the answer is 1800 Watts for short duration, 1440 W (1800 * 80%) for long term power.

Usually it's easier to add the watts than the amps. :)

https://amzn.to/3XPaPFY

@acar83 If I were to add up all the watts my system claims, I would be drawing about 30 amps.  In reality, when the entire system is running, I am drawing +/- 7 amps.  This according to the readout on my Furman power conditioner.  You could use a Multimeter and check the draw of each piece of equipment when running, or plug everything into a power conditioner that reads the total draw.  I suspect increasing the main line to a 20 amp breaker would be advisable, assuming you have the proper AWG to handle the load.  12 AWG wire at a minimum.  

Hi, Thanks for the responses.

Yeah I'm using a Transparent Audio power conditioner, it doesn't tell me the usage. I'll look into changing over to a 20 amp breaker, I didn't know that was possible.

@erik_squires I'm still confused about what the wattage is. On the speakers it says 230W on each one, but then the literature says 90 watts...

KRK VXT6 | Sweetwater

That meter looks interesting though, so I just plug each piece of equipment into it and it tells me the draw?

Ohh I just watched the video, yeah that would be a pain bc the meter wouldn't fit on the power conditioner's outlets.

Well ok another question... If I put too much on the circuit, what's the worst that happens? It just trips the breaker? Or could it damage anything. 😅