Kuzma Stabi R mat?

Just received my new Stabi R.  It is a very nicely built table and sounds more present and dynamic than my previous setup.  I am currently using a Etna SL on a Kuzma 4P9 on the right wing.  Initial impressions are that this is a synergistic group (cartridge/arm/table) and allows deep information retrieval. 

This is my first Kuzma table.  In the past I used various turntable mats until I settled on the sound of the Achromat.  The Kuzma looks engineered to use its own integral mat (which is cushioned) and not an aftermarket addition.  Just wondering if any other Kuzma users out there use a specific matt?  I am inclined to use no matt at all given the table surface seems designed to do just that.  I have also never had a spindle with threads for a screw down record clamp. I have the heavier HRS record weight which did nice things with my previous table in combination with the achromat.  Any one using the screw clamp with their Kuzma? 

128x128karl_desch

BTW, the Stabi R is on a Vibraplane which I think functions very similarly to a MinusK.

Dear @karl_desch  : I think that the best reflex alternative comes with the Basis Audio clamp. I own several clamps including the SOTA one and Basis reflex is excellent.

Regards and enjoy the MUSIC NOT DISTORTIONS,

R.

Deasr @sbank  : Nice to meet you.

Do it a favor and try the Basis clamp in your Nova, you could listen the differences.

R.

@karl_desch, @sbank, The Kuzma screw down clamp is a reflex clamp. There is absolutely no reason to change it. I do not think you can unless the SME clamp uses the same thread. The Sota and Basis clamps are not for turntables with threaded spindles. Their clamping mechanisms might roll the thread and ruin the spindle. Spence, isn't your Nova a vacuum unit? If so you don't need any clamp at all! If you have to use anything a plain record weight is fine. My lead filled Cocobolo weight is just for show. I like looking at wood. Sota tried to sell me a reflex clamp also. Donna, bless her heart will try to sell it to everyone. The Sota tables are designed with the weight of the clamp in mind. My Cocobolo clamp weights exactly the same as the Reflex clamp for that reason but, I do not have to fiddle with a mechanism. The weight just plops on. @rauliruegas is right. The Basis clamp has a better mechanism and is beautifully machined but it is twice as expensive. it is however a pretty thing. 

Karl, Which Vibraplane are you using, the 2210? The MinusK is the gold standard but I see no reason why the KSI shouldn't work and you can't beat the price. It is great that you are keeping this in mind. Now all you have to do is make a dust cover for the whole affair. As long as the dust cover is not attached directly to the turntable you can use it during play and further isolate  the cartridge from the environment. Keeps the table nice and clean also. 

@karl_desch The Sota Reflex isn't threaded. So agree that it wouldn't make sense w/ your threaded spindle. 

@rauliruegas thanks for the Basis clamp suggestion, I'll check it out if I get a chance to try it. Cheers,

Spencer