Kuzma Stabi R mat?

Just received my new Stabi R.  It is a very nicely built table and sounds more present and dynamic than my previous setup.  I am currently using a Etna SL on a Kuzma 4P9 on the right wing.  Initial impressions are that this is a synergistic group (cartridge/arm/table) and allows deep information retrieval. 

This is my first Kuzma table.  In the past I used various turntable mats until I settled on the sound of the Achromat.  The Kuzma looks engineered to use its own integral mat (which is cushioned) and not an aftermarket addition.  Just wondering if any other Kuzma users out there use a specific matt?  I am inclined to use no matt at all given the table surface seems designed to do just that.  I have also never had a spindle with threads for a screw down record clamp. I have the heavier HRS record weight which did nice things with my previous table in combination with the achromat.  Any one using the screw clamp with their Kuzma? 

128x128karl_desch

@mijostyn I am using a Pass Labs XP-27. The Lyra SLs are amazingly resolving without being harsh. I’m sure  yours will work well with your current based phono pre. When my ETNA needs a retip I’ll send it for the Lambda update for sure.

Hey @karl_desch !

I'd suggest asking Franc his thoughts on screw-down clamp vs. Sota Reflex or other options. FWIW, I landed on the Reflex when I had an SP10mk2 with a custom copper/alum 2layer platter mat. This after trying dozens of combos of mats & weights/clamps. The Kuzma wood clamps may be intended for other platter/mat types. 
Now I use the Reflex on my Sota Nova as they intend. You could easily sell a Reflex if you wanna try it. Cheers,

Spencer

So the Sota Reflex doesn’t require a threaded spindle?  What reflex clamps work best with a threaded spindle?

BTW, the Stabi R is on a Vibraplane which I think functions very similarly to a MinusK.

Dear @karl_desch  : I think that the best reflex alternative comes with the Basis Audio clamp. I own several clamps including the SOTA one and Basis reflex is excellent.

Regards and enjoy the MUSIC NOT DISTORTIONS,

R.