Where is the Multichannel Music at?

Hey everyone, so what multichannel music have you enjoyed lately and how did you get it? Stream? Bluray?

Netflix?

erik_squires

“So are all my favoite artists available on Atmos? And where do I find a high end 5 channel SET?“
@carlsbad

I don’t know your favorite artists so I can speak to that. How we choose to listen, is a personal preference. You seem to be more focused on gear than music. I equally enjoy music on my two channel as well as multichannel systems. The multichannel music especially live concerts are just as immersive through my modest $2K multichannel system as my Qobuz / local files streaming through my 2-channel system which is well north of $100k.

IMHO, Music recorded in Multichannel format is a different beast altogether. I wouldn’t speak of it in same breath or manner as one experience Movies through a HT receiver.

My HT is the latest generation Anthem (minus the 8k upgrade I haven't gotten yet).  I'm not at a loss for decoding equipment but I just don't really think of music and surround in the same breath. 

BTW, I was involved in motion picture sound equipment manufacturing, operations and installations all the way back to the days of Stop Making Sense and Purple Rain, and I have a number of immersive music DVDs and Bluray disks.  I just don't really pull them out nearly as often as I stream fro Qobuz or Tidal or listen to Jazz.FM

I have a number of immersive music DVDs and Bluray disks

+1, I was in your shoes, then I ripped them to my NAS and got a Zidoo. The Zidoo puts all the concert disc covers up on the screen like a poster wall. Then I set it to output Dolby Vision (which works with any HDR compatible device). Now I'm playing them on the fly instead of digging through my stash:

Zidoo poster wall 2 - biblioteki multimedialne - X20, X20 Pro, X10, X9s ...

@kota1 

I bought a Anthem MRX540 HT receiver exactly a year ago. At that time, they were hard to find and I had to pay retail, $1699. Now Anthem is showing $1899 retail and offering it "on sale" for $1615. Convenient inflation I say!

@kota1,

Any chance for a listen … thee opportunity to sit down and spend some quality time with “The Eagles Farewell Tour?” Or are you gonna continue wasting all them precious man hours / man powers defending that there fortress of yours from “The Evil Emperor Zurg.”

:-)