Kuzma Stabi R mat?

Just received my new Stabi R.  It is a very nicely built table and sounds more present and dynamic than my previous setup.  I am currently using a Etna SL on a Kuzma 4P9 on the right wing.  Initial impressions are that this is a synergistic group (cartridge/arm/table) and allows deep information retrieval. 

This is my first Kuzma table.  In the past I used various turntable mats until I settled on the sound of the Achromat.  The Kuzma looks engineered to use its own integral mat (which is cushioned) and not an aftermarket addition.  Just wondering if any other Kuzma users out there use a specific matt?  I am inclined to use no matt at all given the table surface seems designed to do just that.  I have also never had a spindle with threads for a screw down record clamp. I have the heavier HRS record weight which did nice things with my previous table in combination with the achromat.  Any one using the screw clamp with their Kuzma? 

128x128karl_desch

@mijostyn I have learnt a lot from you over recent periods, unfortunately not of any significant value in relation to the subject enjoying musical replays and HiFi Equipment in general, the most important lesson adopted is to avoid content put on this forum by you.

Any Threads contributed to by yourself will be the indicator it is my time to exit the thread.

I don't need to see the insulting attitude you show toward the majority of Forum Members using the Analog Section, who have a desire to work outside the ideas conjured up as a result of your narrow mindedness any longer. 

As for distortion free, or as distortion free as can be, I don't see anything in place from the so called Guru's that are making a distinct difference to any other methods being utilised, by the established users of Vinyl as a Source. 

I also am very aware and am witnessing that long-term and very well respected users of Vinyl as a Source, especially the one's who seem not to constrained by budget, are 'not' expressing any intertest or proclaiming the need to adopt any methods proposed by the very few in number Guru's / Megalomaniac's. 

@mijostyn I wish you the best with your future endeavours. 

Adios Amigo

@karl_desch Apologies for the place chosen to have a 'not usual' say for myself. Good Luck with your inquiry and keep a very open mind on Mats and Clamps/Pucks, keep in mind your own listening environment is quite unique and benefits from being identified as such.

There is not a ubiquitous method to to match add on ancillaries to suit all environments. 

I appreciate the advice from all.  @mijostyn makes a good point though about how this flexible mat is designed to work with a reflex clamp.  Others have indicated that Kuzma makes an expensive ebony clamp.  But I’m going to assume Incan start with a different one.  SOTA?

@mijostyn I am using a Pass Labs XP-27. The Lyra SLs are amazingly resolving without being harsh. I’m sure  yours will work well with your current based phono pre. When my ETNA needs a retip I’ll send it for the Lambda update for sure.

Hey @karl_desch !

I'd suggest asking Franc his thoughts on screw-down clamp vs. Sota Reflex or other options. FWIW, I landed on the Reflex when I had an SP10mk2 with a custom copper/alum 2layer platter mat. This after trying dozens of combos of mats & weights/clamps. The Kuzma wood clamps may be intended for other platter/mat types. 
Now I use the Reflex on my Sota Nova as they intend. You could easily sell a Reflex if you wanna try it. Cheers,

Spencer

So the Sota Reflex doesn’t require a threaded spindle?  What reflex clamps work best with a threaded spindle?