Where is the Multichannel Music at?

Hey everyone, so what multichannel music have you enjoyed lately and how did you get it? Stream? Bluray?

Netflix?

erik_squires

This thread has gotten me more focused on my concert collection. I’ll see if I can get some of the recommendations here. What is the Tacet label?

@mksun

Elton John - Goodbye Yellow Brick Road

Check out the concert DVD "Elton John: Dream Ticket"

4 discs are included with concerts from MSG in NYC, Ephesus in Turkey, The Royal Opera House in London, and 4 Decades which is clips from throughout his career. He does duos with other performers like Billy Joel, Kiki Dee, Mary Kay Blige, etc. that you won’t find on a CD and the SQ is excellent, great mixes.

DVDFr - Elton John - Dream Ticket - DVD

@lalitk So are all my favoite artists available on Atmos?  And where do I find a high end 5 channel SET?  I assume most people are playing this throught an HT reciever?  I never use my HT reciever for music.  It is good enough for movies but not in the same class as my 2 channel system.  So I won't be adopting soon.  

Jerry

@erik_squires 

What artists do you like? Genres? Did you know you can play Atmos mixes in your 5.1 HT setup or headphones? You don't need to install height channels.

Do you have any concert DVD or BRD yet?

If you decide to upgrade your receiver Anthem is having a sale:

https://www.anthemav.com

“So are all my favoite artists available on Atmos? And where do I find a high end 5 channel SET?“
@carlsbad

I don’t know your favorite artists so I can speak to that. How we choose to listen, is a personal preference. You seem to be more focused on gear than music. I equally enjoy music on my two channel as well as multichannel systems. The multichannel music especially live concerts are just as immersive through my modest $2K multichannel system as my Qobuz / local files streaming through my 2-channel system which is well north of $100k.

IMHO, Music recorded in Multichannel format is a different beast altogether. I wouldn’t speak of it in same breath or manner as one experience Movies through a HT receiver.