Need help! First step into high end audio

Greetings! I have a LG55OLEDC1, first time having a semi fancy TV and am looking to get a fancy audio set up to match.

I am in New York, and looking to have the primary use be movies and gaming, followed closely by music.  I’m fine with starting small and adding on bit by bit until it’s all set.

There are so many options and am a bit overwhelmed.  Looking to go as close to 2k, mayyybe 3k at the high end.

Any suggestions you can provide would be greatly appreciated.  A home theater company suggested bowers 600 series and starting with Left/Right/Center to start.

monkeykibble

@monkeykibble

I would suggest putting together a home theatre system with 5.1 or more - something fairly reasonably priced like paradigm; and powered monitors for your 2 channel music system. For gaming, you can easily configure a receiver to switch to 2 channel/ extra sound effects etc.

You can also add a bluetooth transmitter to the input of powered monitors and play music from your smartphone.

in my opinion, this is an optimal set up if you simply want to enjoy movies/gaming/music.

My suggestion is to get the words "high end audio" out of your mind. Those terms mean so many things to audiophiles that is just confusing and often too expensive in dollars. Go with "what sounds really good to you". Yamaha, Pioneer, Sony all make great gear. So does Klipsch, JBL, Paradigm, Monitor Audio and other reputable speaker companies. Try to go and listen to assembled systems. Good luck..

@2psyop 

Now this is wisdom! 

My suggestion is to get the words "high end audio" out of your mind. Those terms mean so many things to audiophiles that is just confusing and often too expensive in dollars. Go with "what sounds really good to you". 

Awesome advice! 

we are close to you and we have many options for a nice system your budget

our shop is in Jersey citty and we have several options for a sound bar to onwall loudspeakers so please reach out

Dave and Troy

Audio intellect nj

SVS Prime LR and Prime C, and surround, plus an Onkyo rz50 AVR... IF you wanna go surround... add a sub later if you want and if appropriate

If you are content with two-channel, what about something like the Polk r700 speakers for 2k or less, and they have great bass so you won't even need a subwoofer, plus about thousand on a streaming receiver even something like the $700 Marantz nr1200 which has bass, treble, and balance knobs on the front, a tuner, a streamer, and all the requisite old-and new-school hookups...  Or you can nab the Polk r700 for less than 2k as your LR, and get the Onkyo rz50 so you have the option to go surround later if you get that itch.

Myself, I went from surround system which I had for a long time, down to two-channel even for movies and tv and have been happier ever since. ... two channel video can be quite engaging with excellent speakers.  This way, it's a simpler system and I could concentrate the spending on less stuff (and less clutter) but higher-quality stuff for the same amount of money...  hence my suggestion of the Polk 700 + Onkyo 50 for starters with option to expand later if you feel the need.