Are you getting the bass you deserve?

Do you feel that you are getting all the bass you deserve, or have been promised, or wanted or that you paid for? 

sounds_real_audio

I guess to refine the question if you feel that you have enough bass how did you get to that point. Was it simply avoiding the hype surrounding bass or something else?

Pair of REL Subs to go with my tower speakers, and placement guidance from Duke L ...

@sounds_real_audio

Only by adding two subs did I get the bass I was looking for and also the overall sound I wanted to achieve. I could have avoided a lot of frustration over the years by adding subs.

I also found that using them in a way that usually gets shot down on stereo forums works best in my room. I’m running the speakers full range and have the low-pass set at 80Hz.

Anyway, that works for me and maybe it will help someone else.

Cheers,

Scott

I'm not sure if I deserve anything but a swift kick in the ass.  Yet, I appreciate the sound from my system.  I'm stuck in my ways so I don't use a sub and my Sonus faber Olympica Nova Vs do seem to get it done to my satisfaction.

Speakers are just 1 link in the chain and I can say amplification, ICs, speaker and power cables have made a difference in the clarity and impact of the bass.

MY PATH: JBL 4530 > Octavium > Miller & Kreisel  Volkswoofer > Bag End S18E-D > EarthQuake Super Nova > Velodyne ULD, F, HGS, DD, DD Plus > Logitech Desktop.

AUDITIONED IN HOUSE: Cerwin-Vega > ServoDrive > JL Audio > REL > Danley Labs > QSC > Meyer Sound Labs.

OUTBOARD EQUALIZATION: Outboard Equalization: Altec > JBL > Soundcraftsman > Bag End ELF-1 > Mackie > QSC.

THE HYPE: Full range passive or powered loudspeakers.

EVERYTHING ELSE: Room mode mapping > multiple subwoofers. 

avatar:  https://www.stringvirtuoso.com/artists/lorraine-campet/