Does coloring the edges of CD's help the sonics?

Hello,
I have read that coloring the edges of cd's with a black or green magic marker helps the sonics.
What is your opinion of this?
If it is true, how does it work?
Thanks.
daltonlanny
The straight green marker and other green products approach does not work. You need to start with a layer of yellow, then a layer of blue, finished off with a final and yet lighter layer of yellow. While the end color is green, it is the layering of the blue and the yellow that is addressing the stray laser and preventing it from being reflected back onto the read surface of the disc. Additionally, if you find that the slit between the drawer mechanism and the face plate of your CDP seems a bit large, I have found that placing 16 layers of electrical tape in alternating colors of yellow blue yellow also greatly improves the sound of a new CD when you put it in your player. But perhaps it is the hour long process of removing the tape, removing the old CD, spending lots of time waiting for the marker layers to dry before applying the next and then putting all that tape on that makes me so eager to listen that I just think it sounds better.
Post removed 
It sounds as though you would need to layer the pantyhose, first blue then yellow. If you could somehow aim the legs toward the speakers that would probably help too.
Post removed 
Ckoffend,

You very funny guy. If it is possible to type with a straight face you just did it.