Daedalus Audio Vs. Kef

HI, I'm looking at upgrading my current speakers. I have the Kef R700 and use them with the Odyssey Tempest preamp and Khartago stereo amp. What I'm hoping for is for some comments by anyone that has heard the lower cost Daedalus models and the Kef R series regarding how they feel they compare and/or differ in overall sound quality. I'm not likely to be able to easily audition Daedalus, so any thoughts you might have would help. Thanks very much.
teflonscoundrel
I own the DARMAs too, not the V2 version(yet). I have heard Kef reference range on many occasions and they are very good, but not in the same league as Daedalus, at least not at a comparable price. They are neutral very dynamic and transparent.

You have the advantage of direct sales, cutting out Distributor and retailer, which must make up at least 50% of a conventional, dealer stocked speaker. They are good anyway, but the price makes them a steal. There are many owners around, particularly in the States, happy to demo. You can contact Lou to find someone near you.
So much goes into sound reproduction that just speakers alone are not the answer. I understand your connection with the Sonus. I heard them with an all Krell system and they sounded excellent. You have to understand what you want for sound and only you can know what that is. Old speakers have a warm and connection to me but lack in other areas. The Daedalus are excellent speakers, I heard them at a local Audiogonners house a few years back. They sounded very nice. I also brought along a preamp that I built and to me the system sounded even better to my ears. My point being you probably would have been happy with the system and more happy once the other preamp was placed in the system. So you have to know what you want your sound to be because each part of the system is a compromise.

Happy Listening.
You are looking for front-ported speakers, something that KEF does not offer.
I ended up saving up for a few months and purchased the Sonus Faber Olympica IIs. They were the speakers that I heard initially that got my attention and I couldn't be happier with them. I didn't get a chance to hear the Daedalus prior to purchasing the Olympica's, but I did eventually hear them at RMAF. I thought they were excellent, and I am sure I would have been happy with them had I purchased them, but I am glad I got the Olympicas and have no regrets.