Gotham Quadratic Diffusers

I have a dedicated audio room that doubles as a home theater. I have desired to put diffusers on the wall behind my speakers since I built the room but a large screen television has stood in the way and I have a lot of gear with cables below it taking up floor space making a floor installation difficult.When I saw the GIK Gotham quadratic diffusers, I thought I could have my cake and eat it too.

My initial plan was to use heavy gauge wire and hang them off the television but I was a little uncomfortable with the additional weight on the wall rack that was right at it’s weight limits with the heavy plasma tv attached to it. I looked at premade shelves but couldn’t find anything with the dimensions I needed. A trip to my local Lowe’s solved the problem. I purchased a pair of heavy duty shelf brackets and a painted 3 foot shelf. I also bought heavy duty metal dry wall anchors which don’t require drilling to install just a Phillips head screw driver. The openings for screws on the shelf brackets were a little wider than the drywall screws so I purchased some flat washers. Total cost was around $40. Installation was easy and the diffusers fit perfectly on the shelf.

Shortly after installation one of my Audiophile buddies visited for a couple of days. He knows how my system sounds as good as I do. After a couple hours of listening I asked for his impressions without telling him what I thought. He heard the same things as I did with the most noticeable being vocals and soundstage. Vocals especially the lead were more finely delineated and the soundstage got wider. With the vocals it sounds like you have moved two or three rows closer to the stage. I am very impressed with the results and plan to purchase another pair.

For anyone who may be interested in these diffusers GIK has a 10% discount through the 15th of this month. Outside of being a customer , I have absolutely no affiliation with this company.

128x128lwin

Have all ceilings and walls treated. Using different absorption and diffusion methods. Also have tube bass traps. 
The Quad diffuser can give you the illusion of a bigger room. First time I heard and saw one it was very impressive.

I eventually will purchase a pair to put the finishing touch on my room acoustics.

Joe Nies

So I would like to do this same thing with 4 across under my tv and above my equipment. I have no treatments at all. Please take a look at my system and tell me if you think I would benefit with the 1 row across. 
thanks. 

@benzman Yes they will help. I suggest you put 2 under TV and 1 on each side of the TV. The one’s under the TV try leaving 6 to 12 inches between them. 
I’m a firm believer in how helpful acoustic materials can improve a room.

Joe Nies

I'm also looking to do the same thing under my TV, but need something more narrow since I'm limited by the distance between the TV and crown molding.

Wonder if there are any other quadratic diffusers anyone is aware of that are more rectangular than square?

@christianb5s4 Contact GIK they can probably make the diffusers any size you want. They also offer free consultation.

Joe Nies