Advice on Speaker Wiring - Larger Advent w. McIntosh MA6500 Amplifier / Speaker Settings

I recently connected a second set of Larger Advent speakers to my McIntosh MA6500 Amplifier.  They are in another room, about 70 feet away.

I used 16 gauge Rocketfish speaker wire, that I ran down under the house in the crawl space. The speaker wire came in a 100ft roll, so I have about 30 ft left over.  

I'm wondering if I should cut the speaker wire, so that the wire is the shortest distance possible between the amp and the speaker? Or can I leave the full 100ft length with the excess spooled up behind the HiFi rack, in case I ever want to move the system in the same room? 

Will there be any audible difference in the sound between running the speaker wire 70 ft vs 100 ft?

Also, the Larger Advents have settings on the back to switch between Normal, Decrease and Extended. I have them set on Normal. Any information on what the difference is between these settings?

Thanks in advance!

Paul in Astoria

paulinastoria

Wire on a roll is also called an inductor.

Just fold the extra back and forth under the floor if you don't want to cut it short.

Also, imo that is far too long a run for 16ga wire, and miles too long for the cheap zip chord you used.

Belden wire is very affordable from Bluejeans cables. I had zip chord running to surrounds in my HT that I replaced with Belden wire and heard an immediate difference even with cheap speakers and an AVR.

Yeah, I know ASR says it's fine, it's not...

@joshua43214 

"Also, imo that is far too long a run for 16ga wire, and miles too long for the cheap zip chord you used."  

Why?

From what I see on Amazon, Bluejeans cables have a max length of 50ft, not long enough.  

Wire on a roll is also called an inductor.

True, but cable in not a wire.  It consists of two wires producing opposite magnetic field (since they carry identical currents in opposite direction).  That's how non-inductive bifilar resistors are wound.  

@paulinastoria 

I don't know what you are referring to on Amazon.

https://www.bluejeanscable.com/store/speaker/index.htm

They buy it on huge rolls, it meets codes for in wall installation and can be run for very long runs.

Get it from the source, it is prolly cheaper and no reason to give a 3rd party your money.

@joshua43214 Thanks for the link to bluejeanscable.com

I see that they do cables for Home Theater and don't mention speaker wire for Hi Fi at all.  After all these Large Advent speakers were made in the 1970's and the McIntosh is also at least 20 years old, before the development of home theater.  

Curious to know if there is any difference between speaker wire for HiFi audio that is different than Home Theater?  I would imagine the size, build, etc.. of the speakers for Home Theater is very different than my vintage audio system, and may require more specialized cables as a result.

So I'm wondering if the cables at bluejeans aren't overkill and not necessary for my vintage system?