has anyone tried ultrabit platinum on their cds

absolute sound this month raves about the ultrabit platinum fluid application onto cds. Has anyone tried this? I find it hard to believe that if your cd lens is clean and your cds are not scratched that this would have an impact other than subjectively wanting to hear it for the $75 this product costs.

michael
radioheadokplayer
Talking about price
--Ultrabit Platinum is an utter "SteaL".
It improves CD sound of my Lexicon RT-20 by the equivalent of a component upgrade. It is like having an additional exquisite AC power filter in my system(Spectral/MIT). As my Russian friends say "cheap like Borscht". Perhaps low resolution systems may not benefit,that I just don't know; but for high resolution systems-and particularly large dynamic orchestral works-it really clarifies much of the complex intense dynamic passages which certainly increases my enjoyment significantly. Cheers.
Psacanli- That's the biggest benefit that I noticed with the UBP: Much better focus between voices(instrument or vocal). Further- Many of the DVDs that I rent from the local video place are quite damaged, and lock up, go mosaic or skip to the next chapter(especially after they subject it to their "disc repair machine"). After applying UBP, 98% of them play just fine, and the picture quality improves as well. I hate having to use it that way, but it does save me a trip back to the store. The stuff is MOST DEFINATELY an effective way to greatly improve our digital source material. As you mentioned: The only caveat would be that the rest of one's system needs to be resolving to start with.
I have been using it on my main rig now for almost two weeks and am very taken back by what it does. Larger soundstage and better focus, and seems like more resolution (not to sound like the reviews, but...). At first I didn't think I would use it on every disc due to the time but now I use it every time I play a cd. I use the Bendini after the Ultra Bit. It has so widened the gap between my SB3/Benchmark and Esoteric. Its a must have.
Flute concertos benefit beautifully from Ultrabit Platinum with far greater presence and subtle vibrato.
I got the UBP (couldn't order it without the cleaner on the web site) for $82. a few days ago and tried it on a few CDs that were in my 'Sound lousy" pile. I wasn't expecting much but they sounded like totally different CD's - more detail retrieval, bigger soundstage and much more pleasant to listen to.

Encouraged, I then put it on 1 of my favorite CDs and again enjoyed even better imaging and air around the instruments as well as a more natural/"you are there" sound. If I hadn't heard it, I wouldn't have believed this could happen with ANY type of liquid treatment. I've just finished treating my top 35 CDs in current rotation and can't wait to hear them now. My system is very resolving and this will make waiting for my DAC to be built a lot more pleasant.