845 or 300b with Agalme?

Hello, I have Horning Agalme speakers, I think the other horning speakers would be similar but just smaller. and I’m looking to hear who has heard them with 845 and 300b type amps.

my room is 28 x 18 dedicated music room

Everything I have read is having me lean toward the Thoress 845 mono’s

I would appreciate any info.

Thanks, Scott

52tiger

Thoress gear is built all part to part wired like a work of art. I repaired a Thoress preamp/phono and was impressed with the build (shipping damage). Old school in the very best sort of way.

I also heard the Horning Aristotle with the Tron 300b Signature and that is a special combo. Tron has unmatched resolution and tonal purity in my opinion. The sheer amount of inner detail and realism is arresting. I have never heard another 300b amp sound quite this way. You hear deeply into the performance like a great 2a3 based amp coupled with Tron’s uncanny purity.

Both offer sonics at a much higher level than the Monaco. They cost a lot more however 😕. The Tron is several levels higher with the right speaker.  You have the right speaker. However, if you like a fleshy, muscular sound with gobs of body, the NAF is the ticket.  If you want realism, resolution and being transported to the venue type of experience, then Tron is unmatched in my experience.