FUSE BOX delivers perfect protection and superior sound

Encouraged by the improvement offered by the PURON plug-in filters, I spent some additional time reading 

I wondered if a second product, unrelated to PURON, can also raise the bar for recorded music?  FUSE BOX is a system that replaces a fuse in a piece of electronics.  A metal SLUGGO (insert either the brass or copper option) goes in the fuse holder.  The power cord you have been using goes into one end of the slim, lightweight BOX.  From the other end of the BOX, another power cord (quality counts!) leads to your power conditioner or to the wall.  Simply plug and play.

Each FUSE BOX is calibrated according to the traditional fuse it will be replacing.  By providing the amp value, fuse size, and slow/fast blow, a unit can be tailored to your specs.

I took the plunge by requesting a FUSE BOX to fit into two different systems.  I use a Black Ice FOZ SS-X Sound Expander in both a headphone (Synergistic blue) and main system (Synergistic orange).  This wonderful piece is in the middle of both systems, between the cd player and the amplifier.

Starting first in the smaller system, there was a break-in period of about 30 hours before the sound really took off.  A huge positive step (for me) was then replacing the copper sluggo with the brass version.  Now I heard the depth and warmth, in addition to the detail of the copper version.  The traditional Grado sound through the over the ear headphones (Prestige 125 model) was rich, detailed, and balanced.

I spend much more time listening through full range Martin Logan Expression ESL 13a speakers.  I recently added two PURONS to this system, plugged into a Synergistic Research Powercell 12 conditioner.  Even when (intellectually) I believed this combination had already taken me to the "top of the mountain," I was happy to be proven wrong.  With the brass sluggo in the SS-X, the "you are at the recording event" is very powerful, and in a way I had never heard before.  It's like I have the best seat in the house, for every recording.

For me, FUSE BOX offers the protection of traditional fuses, without fearing they may need to be replaced (since FUSE BOX can be easily reset).  With the two sluggos provided, the sound can be adjusted to one's preference.  And I still have the flexibility to change this arrangement in the future, as the sluggo is never permanently fixed to the fuse holder.

A big thanks to Mark Schifter at Vera-Fi Audio, for patiently helping me.  With a 30 day return policy, my guess is that many music lovers will be asking Mark to program a unit, so they can evaluate it in their systems.

My answer, to "how can the sound possibly get any better?" is FUSE BOX.  Highly recommended.

sgordon1

@yoyoyaya

The guys that worked with me on this product are Swiss. It’s their name and I kinda like it

@68pete

Many thanks sir. Every day doing what I can to do “my part” – still having fun 😊

@skucie

Thanks for your question

It's Programmed – at this point we can only do up to 10 amps – later, we can do up to 15 amps.

Fast or Slow Blow

We can support 5 x 20mm and 1.25m x .25 inch fuses types

Ships with Brass Slug and Solid Copper Slug

All

After several messages yesterday and today – we are setting up the site to offer those interested our full Instruction Manual (with Warnings)

More to follow

@verafiaudio 

Thank you for your response.

Regarding the programming, is that done in production or can the end user alter the settings?  I'm trying to determine if it would be possible to try it on a few different pieces of equipment to see where it would have the most impact.

Thanks again.

Post removed 

@verafyaudio. Thank you Mark. I actually think the product makes sense. Is it or will it be CE marked?

@skucie

Appreciate your note -

Programming is done via ICP – Lots of care went into the programming protocol(s) and it’s very foolproof in fact

The idea was that IF you wanted the FUSE BOX re-programmed we at the factory would do it for you for a nominal (like $25 dollars nominal) charge

Re trying it – please ring me up (phone number on the site) @ www.verafiaudio.com and I would be glad to send you a unit or two to try.

There’s no shortage of people here who think this is all a bucket of hooey – only it’s not.

We’ve had 11 units in the field for 6 + months and the unanimity of positive voice re FUSE BOX has been great.

Money where my mouth is – please get in touch.

Thanks

@steakster

Great Forum Name – lets start there.

I want to find the proper way to say this without sounding like a complete ass.

Over several companies and many OEM’s that I’ve built for I’d like to think that I’ve spent the last 16 + months thinking about how to best move forward with FUSE BOX

Daniel and Markus have as well. We feel this is the best way to “prove out” the concept and product efficacy. Your idea is quite good and maybe in the future that might work well – In fact, I can imagine it would

Lots and lots of testing through Alpha and Beta before the first production was run.

We’d like to drive the cost down – but until we get further down the road it won’t be easy.

@yoyoyaya

Thanks as well.

We are looking now at ways to certify. That said – Sluggo makes that difficult… but there are ways.

I know that FUSE BOX will impress. I also know it’s a hard sell to many that cannot imagine how this can improve the sound. Only it does (forgive me).

In days to come we will have the Instructions on the site. We will also post some tech data for those that like to understand what they hear to the measurements.