Surround system for gaming and watching movies

Hi everyone, I am looking forward to playing Hogwarts LEgacy but I need a good surround system to really enjoy it 100%. I also plan to use it mostly for watching movies, but I have no clue what surround system I should get. I recently bought the sony ht-s40r but it wasn't compatible with my desktop. Does anyone have any suggestions?

efrain86

OP,

ignore @carlsbad , he is just misinformed.

I use the exact type of system you are asking about in two setups, my main system and my man cave.

You will need:

1) A 4K TV with HDMI connections (with something called ARC or eARC).

2) A 5.1 (minimum) capable receiver (Denon/Yamaha/Marantz, etc).

3) A set of matched speakers and a subwoofer

4) An X-Box or Play station

Your soundbar is really for watching TV, not gaming. Of the stuff I listed what do you already have and what do you still need to get?

OP:  Not sure if you are asking about all in one systems or separates?

If starting from zero, I'd recommend Anthem + Monitor Audio.

Hi everyone, I am looking forward to playing Hogwarts LEgacy but I need a good surround system to really enjoy it 100%. I also plan to use it mostly for watching movies, but I have no clue what surround system I should get. I recently bought the sony ht-s40r but it wasn't compatible with my desktop. Does anyone have any suggestions?

https://nox.tips/

I got this,...

I've found that the center channel (which has input 100% of the time), is most important with surround sound. I have a 7-channel system upstairs using Martin Logan speakers, a Marantz pre-pro, an Aragon 7-channel amp and an 85" Sony.

Downstairs I have an 11-speaker, 2-sub system, using Klipsch speakers, an 11-channel Monoprice amp, a JBL Synthesis SDP-55 processor, an Optoma projector and 130" screen. I prefer this Klipsch-based room over the upstairs Martin Logan room. But both are good.

Thus, for the Price and for Surround Sound, I don't think Klipsch speakers can be beat. My 2-channel room utilizes Majestic 845PX SoundLab speakers and it is entirely another story.