what cd player ?

looking for suggestions for a cd player in the $1k -1300 range.

innersound300

Over the decades I have owned many players and transport/dacs, several in the $4K range

Pro-Ject makes CD 3 player that has Coax out in case you ever decide to try a dac, but from what Ive been told it is a VG player: MSRP $549

I have a Audiolab CDT6000 transport with an Audio Alchemy dac/pre. I think many who are not impressed simply failed to consider high quality ancillaries. The 6000 responds extremely well to better power cord, coax cable, and isolation/vibration devices

hth

I bought a Emotiva ERC-4 to replace a old MH cdp.  It has inputs for a digital signal if you want to use it for streaming.  Built like a tank, around $600 new.  Great sound

I bought a used Marantz SA-14 back in 2003 that is still going strong and sounds wonderful, still have an even older Denon I use with the den system and also have an old Rotel in the garage that is nice and has been bullet proof.

Lots of nice old players out there that I'm sure you could pick up cheap but it I were in the market for a new player, I'd probably buy that Yamaha that winoguy17 posted. I had a Yamaha back in the 80's that sounded great.