Shunyata Delta or Alpha V2 NR vs. AQ Hurricane HC

Anyone ever compare these cables on the amp? I’m pretty happy with Hurricane but wondering about the latest Shunyata.
Any thoughts?

128x128audphile1

@audphile1 yeah I figured it wasn't in the same league. I'm very happy with the Alpha and I want to get a few more to experiment once I get a new amp. Shunyata rules and they have my business from here on out. 

I think results are very system dependent.  That said, in my system I found the AQ cables (tried the tornado and hurricane) on my Luxman M900 amp to be bass heavy, a “from the ground up” cable that was a little muddy sounding overall.  I did not like them in the system.  The Shunyata cables (tried delta and alpha) were much cleaner and balanced.  While I thought the delta was a really good value, and perhaps ideal for a preamp (tried there too) the alpha was a big step up.  I also tried several other companies’ wares via the cable company lending library.  The Shunyata alpha NR was by far the best match for the amp.  All cables were plugged directly into the wall.  

@jimmy2615 agreed 100%. It’s very system a d component dependent.
I do not find hurricane bass heavy or muddy on my amp or preamp. The bass is textured and fast. Great clarity and seductive mids. Voice reproduction is superb. 
But…I haven’t yet heard the Alpha. We’ll see. 

@lordmelton Dragon is a bit more than I am willing to spend. 
I’m checking out the Alpha V2 NR now. 

@audphile1 When you crunch the Dragon numbers a 1m length is a relative bargain. AQ prices Dragon at 1m X price, 1.5m X 1.5 price, 2m X 2 price.

AQ is the only company I know that does this and to me shows that the cable is actually worth something, not just arbitrarily priced.

Ex demo and used prices are better plus AQ will turn a 2m into 2 X 1m lengths very reasonably.

Anyway try to hear it before you make a decision.