Show off!

What is your go to album to show off what your system can do?

polkalover

Album, Stone Temple Pilots,Core  HDCD, Song, “Dead And Bloated”. Wonderful opening, bass hits hard. For vocals , Carly Simon, “Letters Never Sent”. For overall presentation I play anything by Foreplay.

Generally, people who aren't already into great sounding audio just don't care about your carefully assembled gear heap unless feigning interest to be nice. So since pretty much anything sounds great on a great system it sort of doesn't matter...I'll maybe play the most recent Julian Lage vinyl to show how good that sort of thing can sound, but meh...another one is "Bob is Not Your Uncle Anymore" from Walter Becker's "Circus Money" and still...meh...

Most common reaction tend to be "how clearly everything sounds". And that’s a good one I think.

What I prefer to show is the opening 20 minutes of the latest Bond "No Time to Die". It’s a film within a film and has all entertainment you could ask for. Great action, marvelous pictures, big sounds and finally the subtile Billie Eilish (again!) theme. Beginning and end. No need for more. If your public don’t beg for it...